Coldstream is always looking for new talented employees to join our team.
Since 1945 Coldstream Concrete has been providing high quality precast concrete products to the construction and drainage industry. Starting with concrete drain tile Coldstream has evolved to become a leader in custom heavy precast concrete elements. Along with our standard products like manholes, catchbasins and reinforced concrete pipe. We manufacture custom culverts, chambers, headwalls, and weirs to name a few. One of our newest products is a concrete culvert where all of the elements are skewed to accommodate a large skew of the culvert to the road.
If you feel that you would be a good fit please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click links below to jump straight to posting.
Coldstream is looking for a Janitorial Cleaner to help keep the plant tidy. Duties will include, but are not limited to
- cleaning the lunchroom
- cleaning bathrooms
- sweeping floors
- taking out garbages
- cleaning supervisor offices
Reliable transportation is required. We are not on a bus route. Current hours for Janitorial are 8am to 2pm but can adjusted slightly to meet the right candidates needs.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.45 /hour
Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
To apply, please forward resume via email by clicking the button below. We thank all applicants, but will only notify those whom we would like to interview.
Since 1945 Coldstream Concrete has been providing high quality precast concrete products to the construction and drainage industry. Starting with concrete drain tile Coldstream has evolved to become a leader in custom heavy precast concrete elements. Along with our standard products like manholes, catchbasins and reinforced concrete pipe. We manufacture custom culverts, chambers, headwalls, and weirs to name a few.
- Inspect, isolate, troubleshoot, and repair mechanical malfunctions and equipment using various test instruments; maintain and repair mechanical systems; test mechanical equipment for safety and efficiency; fabricate mechanical parts; participates in the maintenance and operation of mechanical tools and equipment used by production
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain mechanical systems including motors, controls, scales, and other equipment
- Test & monitor mechanical systems, equipment, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
- Ensures the proper function of mechanical safety devices
- Monitors work done for adherence to legislated requirements
- Maintains appropriate service and repair records
- Analyze and responds safely and appropriately to routine and emergency calls for repairs and service
- Interpret blue prints to determine the location of equipment and to conform to the building and safety codes
- Other duties as assigned by management including building maintenance and repair
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2 years of work experience and
- A postsecondary educational background in a maintenance capacity would be an asset
- Preference will be given to an applicant who possesses a skilled trade certification
- Demonstrated competency in preventative, predictive, basic care practices, and computerized maintenance management systems; strong leadership and Total Productive Maintenance experience
- Proven team work and maturity with a strong work ethic
- Have good knowledge of mechanical components and how they work
- Have a good understanding of safety procedures and precautions to be observed in the maintenance and installation of mechanical equipment
- Must be able to advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous
- An understanding of concrete processes and equipment associated with such (pumps, bearings, compressors, valves, conveyors, crushing and screening equipment, mobile equipment, hydraulic, mechanical and pneumatic systems, etc.) would be a definite asset
- Knowledge of materials, tools, equipment and systems used in the mechanical trade
- A strong knowledge of regulations pertaining to the mechanical trade.
- Experience in providing estimates for: time, cost and materials for mechanical projects
- Operate and use required tools and equipment skillfully and safely
- Install, maintain, and repair mechanical apparatuses
- Carry out detailed, written or oral instructions
- Excellent math skills required
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, strong organization and prioritization skills
- Establishes and maintains highly productive working relationships across the organization
- Proficient welder
- Has computer knowledge pertaining to word, excel and maintenance programs
- Ensures all procedures and work activities conform to work specifications and standards
- Has the ability to work independently and be results oriented
- Can read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, procedure manuals, operating and maintenance instructions
- Ability to write simple correspondence and relay information to other employees
- Self starter
- Valid Ontario (G) Driver’s License
The job duties of a Concrete Labourer vary daily. This is a full-time/permanent position.
Duties may include but are not limited to, cleaning and maintaining work areas, setting up and taking down forms, tying rebar, pouring concrete, loading materials, tying down loads, making tile, welding, operating forklift and overhead crane.
Using a variety of tools and machines such as hammers, levels, lifts, power drills, grinders, saws, pressure washers, and water and/or oil spraying equipment. Duties may change as business dictates.
Must be able to work overtime hours during busy summer/fall season. This position can be physically demanding during certain tasks.
You will be paid bi-weekly
20.53/hr to start
22.53/hr + benefits + daily overtime after successful completion of a 90 working day probation.
Must have reliable transportation. We are NOT on a bus route. This is a full-time position that requires you to work a minimum of 44 hours per week.
- Extended health care
- Disability insurance
- Vision care
- Dental care
- On-site parking
Salary: $20.53 to $22.53 /hour
- Construction & Concrete Labourer: 1 year each (Preferred)